It’s late May 2023, schools are letting out in many places, and many people are getting ready for the summer in the Northern Hemisphere. The South is entering winter, and we hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
I haven’t consistently written updates for SQL Saturday in 2023 and I apologize for that. Life has been busy for me and managing the charitable foundation has taken a back seat to other things. I’m hoping to get back to a regular cadence of updates on a monthly basis.
After a slow start to the year, we had 3 events in May. SQL Saturday Jacksonville had their 15th event, which I attended and enjoyed. SQL Saturday also came back to New York City and the Cleveland area. All of these events were a success and it seemed that many people enjoyed the chance to get out and see others in person while learning about working with data.
In June we have three more events coming and six more scheduled during the rest of the year. I am hopeful another 2-3 will get planned as well. My hope was to get 25 events in 2023. I don’t know that we will get there this year, but I am still hopeful.
I encourage you to support your local user groups with volunteer efforts in addition to attending. A SQL Saturday can be a simple event, but many require volunteers to put forth some effort. The more we share the load, the easier it is on everyone to execute an event that brings everyone together. You can help by speaking, writing marketing emails, finding space, picking up food or drinks, or any one of a dozen other, easy tasks.
We continue to work to grow and advance SQL Saturday to help educate and inspire our community. I hope to see some of you at an event I attend later this year, and I hope to inspire a few of you to help organize an event in your area.
These are the events scheduled for later in 2023.
- SQL Saturday South Florida 2023 (#1053) 03 June 2023
- 2023 data.SQL.Saturday.L.A (#1049) 10 June 2023
- SQL Saturday Ica 2023 (#1051) 24 June 2023
- SQL Saturday Columbus 2023 (#1058) 15 July 2023
- SQL Saturday Baton Rouge 2023 (#1060) 29 July 2023
- SQL Saturday Denver 2023 (#1056) 23 September 2023
- SQL Saturday Minnesota 2023 (#1054) 30 September 2023
- SQL Saturday Boston 2023 (#1046) 14 October 2023
- Saturday Oregon & SW Washington 2023 (#1057) 11 Nov 2023
We are still hoping to reschedule SQL Saturday Salt Lake City 2023 for later in 2023.
From the SQL Saturday blog and other interesting places:
- Getting Sessionize Speaking Banners
- Updating Site Docs
- Ohio North SQL Saturday 2023 Postmortem
- #SQLSaturday #SQLSatNYC #SQLSat1048 — the debrief, and a couple of deep conversations
We appreciate your support of SQL Saturday. If you or others want to join our mailing list, you can register here: http://eepurl.com/hwVBKn. Please feel free to pass this along to others.